How to Book
This is a little more manual than you might be used to but the benefit off that is you don’t get miscellaneous booking fees, pet fees etc etc etc.
- Check Availability in the 2021/22 calendar and pricing for your holiday
- Contact me using the contact page to confirm the date & price.
- The Booking Confirmation & Booking Form will be emailed back to you
- Return the booking form either by post with the £100 non-returnable deposit by cheque or electronically (call me for bank details).
- 6 Weeks before the start of your Staithes holiday please pay the balance outstanding in full plus a £250 returnable damage /occupancy deposit. For booking less than 6 weeks the full balance and deposit is payable to confirm the booking. See below under “Need to Know” re COVID-19 refunds.
Pricing: Short Breaks
Long weekends can be booked any time of the year but only 14 days ahead of the start date unless your visit falls off peak between 3rd Jan – 30th April and 24th Sept – 11th Dec 2020 when they can be booked any time in advance. Pricing is shown under “Availability”.
For other short breaks ie mid-week or other variations drop me a message using the “Contact” page and if I can do something to help I will.
Need to Know
- Linen: All linen (bedding & towels) included
- Utilities: All utilities included
- Parking : There is limited short stay (40 minutes 9:00am-6:00pm) parking 30 yards away on the High Street which us useful for unloading ( I usually just pull in outside the chapel close to the railings and unload). There is no long-term parking in the lower village which generally is a good thing for a more peaceful relatively car-free stay. There is more short stay and disabled badge holder parking on the harbour front. At the top of the bank however there are two long stay car parks about 160m from the Old Chapel. There are two options:
- a) Glen Vale: This is a privately owned car park with an entrance on the right just before the steepest part of the bank. There is a charge which was £7:00/night at time of writing. Paying in advance saves a lot of daily angst vs. council car park.
b) Pay & Display (council): There is a pay and display meter and 24 hours parking costs £6.00. These tickets have the advantage of allowing parking in the majority of the car parks run by Scarborough Borough Council, e.g. Whitby and Sandsend so if out and about a lot by car you can use the same ticket for 24 hours at a time in many different car parks. Nov-Feb inclusive this car park is FREE!
Nb Both car parks are very close to one another so make sure you are in the right one.
- Booking Deposit £100: The booking deposit of £100 is there to secure the slot for you and is-non returnable but is of course deducted from the balance payable for your holiday due 6 weeks before your arrival.
- Damage / Occupancy / Smoking Deposit £250: This usually returnable deposit is secured simply to ensure that the Old Chapel is treated with respect as you would your own home. It is not there to claw back the cost of a broken plate or glass etc as it is more useful to be told about such breakages than to charge for them. It is more about not making off with the TV or having a festival of mixing cement in the lounge. I tend to trust people which is why I am delighted never having needed to use a deposit to make good damage or theft. It is forfeit in full however if someone benefits from a discount for lower occupancy but has more guests staying than stated on their booking form. It is also forfeit if any guest or visitor smokes either inside the Old Chapel or out back by the oil storage tank (!). Out front on the bench is fine but please tidy up.
- Non-availability of property including due to COVID-19 (if Govt. tightens or re-introduces lockdown, making it impossible to travel to Staithes – if accommodation booked through this site is not available, the owner will refund the client all monies which have been paid over . Every effort will be made to provide maximum notice of such a cancellation and find alternative dates if so required. The owner will be under no further liability or obligation towards you.